What are the cheer stunts for beginners?
Easy Cheerleading Stunts: Some of the most basic cheerleading stunts include a shoulder sit, L stand and thigh stand. Basket Toss: The basket toss is a basic, but slightly more advanced stunt that is used to build into difficult stunts, such as the double basket toss tuck.
What are the 5 basic cheerleading stunts?
- Clasp. The clasp is the way cheerleaders clap.
- High-V. To execute a high-V, lift your arms to resemble the letter “V”.
- T-Motion. Start with your arms by your side.
- Touchdown. To execute a touchdown motion, lift your arms until they are above your head.
- High-V Approach.
- Cone-Motion Approach.
- Toe Touch.
What are the basic type of stunts?
Bases, back spots and tops need to understand how to identify the different types of stunts….
- Climbing Stunts. Climbing stunts can be identified when a top girl or flyer, starts with one foot in the stunt.
- Weight Transfer Stunts. Weight transfer stunts are identified when there is hand to hand contact.
- Timing Stunts.
What is needed for Level 2 cheerleading?
level 2- requirements are, Tumbling: Round-off back handspring, standing back handspring Stunting: a cupie, a prep level one leg (including all of your flexibility), and tick-tocks at the chin level, a cradle, and a straight ride toss.
Why are basket tosses illegal?
The rule explanation is as follows: The first rule under inversions is “Unless allowed under the rules in this section, a top person must not be in an inverted position.” There are no rules that state that a free standing basket toss back flip is legal; therefore, they are illegal.
Is Jewellery allowed in cheerleading?
Jewelry of any kind is prohibited (e.g., navel jewelry, tongue jewelry, earrings, necklaces, pins on uniforms, etc.) and must be removed. Rhinestones may not be adhered to the skin. Medical bracelets are allowed provided they are taped to the body.
What skills are needed for Level 2 cheerleading?
- Standing Back Handspring.
- Front Handspring.
- Cartwheel Back Handspring.
- Round Off Back Handspring.