What is the full meaning of feat?
1a : a deed notable especially for courage the brave feats of ordinary foot soldiers. b : an act or product of skill, endurance, or ingenuity Building the bridge was an engineering feat. 2 : act, deed.
What type of word is feat?
An accomplishment that’s relatively rare or difficult.
Is Te a Scrabble word?
Yes, te is a valid Scrabble word.
What is feats short for?
|FEAT||Families for Early Autism Treatment Community » Non-Profit Organizations|
|FEAT||Fuel Efficiency Automobile Test Miscellaneous » Unclassified|
|FEAT||Fife Employment Access Trust Governmental » Employment|
|FEAT||Fascinating Expedition and Adventure Talks Miscellaneous » Unclassified|
|FEAT||Fine Error Averaging Test Computing » IT|
Is feat a real word?
A feat is an exemplary, even bold achievement, often an act of great courage or skill. Getting your cat to wear a leash was quite a feat. The noun feat developed from the Latin facere, meaning “make do.” Today, it gets applied to a deed that’s noble or out of the ordinary.
How do you use the word feat?
Feat in a Sentence 🔉
- The man was honored when the king learned of his feat.
- In order to achieve the feat, the knight must slay the dragon.
- It is a rare feat when an archer hits the center target twenty times in a row.
- Winning the marathon was a feat for the one-legged athlete.
How do you use the word feat in a sentence?
How to use Feat in a sentence
- Getting the iron hot was no easy feat.
- All hope seemed lost, when by a brilliant feat of arms John Sobieski, king of Poland, drove away the besiegers in hopeless confusion and saved the cause of Christianity, 1683.
- It was perhaps the most astonishing single feat of arms in the World War.
What is the plural of feat?
feat /ˈfiːt/ noun. plural feats.
What does quite a feat mean?
Why isn’t quo a Scrabble word?
Quo qua quo, that is, “quo” in and of itself, with no external influences applied, is not a Scrabble-legal word. “Qua,” the conjunction meaning “in and of itself,” is.
What does no easy feat mean?
DEFINITIONS1. something impressive and often dangerous that someone does. feats of strength/endurance/skill. be no mean feat (=not be easy to achieve): We’ve remained profitable for 27 years, and that’s no mean feat.
Is EW a Scrabble word?
Yes, ew is in the scrabble dictionary.