How do I move files from one user to another?
If you need to move or transfer files from one user account to another, the simplest way would be to log in with an administrator account, and cut-paste the files from one user account to the personal folders of the other user account. If you do not have access to an admin account, ask your administrator to do it.
Can two users simultaneously share one Mac?
Yes, you can do this in Mac OS X 10.7 and later. Just set up an account for each user and enable VNC ( System Preferences => Sharing => Screen Sharing ). I tried this on a macbook pro.
How do I share files between two users on the same computer?
Sharing through File Explorer in Windows 10
- Open File Explorer and find the item you’d like to share.
- Right-click on the item, then click Give access to > Choose a name or click Specific people.
- Click the drop-down to choose someone to share the item with:
- When you’ve chosen the user or group to share with, click Add.
Can you have 2 Apple IDs on a Macbook?
Single Device Limit: No, as only one Apple ID can be associate to a device at a time. You can use two Apple IDs on a computer by creating a second user account. Have one user account for your business ID and a second user account for your personal ID.
How do I setup multiple users on my Macbook Pro?
How to set up multiple users on your Mac
- Select System Preferences in your dock.
- Click on Users & Groups.
- Click on the lock icon in the lower left-hand corner of the Users & Groups window.
- Enter your administrative password, and click the Unlock button.
- Click the plus button at the bottom of the user list.
What is sharing only user on Mac?
If you want to give someone limited access to your computer, you can create a sharing-only user account to enable the person to access only the files and folders you specify. On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Users & Groups .
Can other users see my files Macbook?
Files in a user’s Public folder or in the Shared folder can be read by all users of the Mac, but edited or deleted by only the owner of the file. If you want to allow other users to edit those files, you need to change the file permissions. See Change permissions for files, folders, or disks.
How do I make a folder accessible to all users on a Mac?
Set up file sharing
- On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Sharing .
- Select the File Sharing checkbox.
- To select a specific folder to share, click the Add button at the bottom of the Shared Folders list, locate the folder, select it, then click Add.
What is the difference between share and advanced sharing?
The short answer: The “Share” button sets filesystem permissions. The “Advanced Sharing” button sets CIFS share permissions.
Can Mac Admin see other users files?
Even admins can’t access every part of the Mac file system! In particular, admins cannot move files from one user account to another, or edit another user’s files.
Can admin access other users files on Mac?
Even admins can’t access every part of the Mac file system! In particular, admins cannot move files from one user account to another, or edit another user’s files….To disable the root user account:
- Navigate to ‘System Preferences > Users & Groups.
- Click the padlock icon, and enter your admin password.
Can Mac admin see other users files?
How do I turn on advanced sharing?
Another way to start “Advanced Sharing” is to right-click the folder that you want to share with the network. On the menu, select “Share with” and then “Advanced sharing”.
How do I share a folder with another user?
To share a file or folder over a network in File Explorer, do the following:
- Right-click (or long-press) a file, and then select Show more options > Give access to > Specific people.
- Select a user on the network to share the file with, or select Everyone to give all network users access to the file.