How do I get Word to automatically restart numbering?
Turn on or off automatic bullets or numbering
- Go to File > Options > Proofing.
- Select AutoCorrect Options, and then select the AutoFormat As You Type tab.
- Select or clear Automatic bulleted lists or Automatic numbered lists.
- Select OK.
How do I restart numbered list?
If you want to restart the numbering of a list, Word has a Restart at 1 option. It can be applied to numeric and alphabetical lists. Right-click the list item you want to restart the numbering for, then select Restart at 1 from the menu that appears. The list numbering will restart.
How do you restart or continue list numbers?
Double-click the numbers in the list. The text will not appear selected. Right-click the number you want to start a new list. Click Restart at 1.
Why can I not Restart Numbering in Word?
Numbers Won’t Restart Numbering To fix it, just select the previous number’s paragraph…the whole thing, including the paragraph return at the end. Hit the Format Painter, then select the “bad” paragraph, including the paragraph return at the end. That’ll fix it every time!
Why is my numbering not continuing in Word?
Follow these steps to correct this situation: Right-click the numbered list. Click Set Numbering Value. Click to select the Continue From Previous List button and then click OK.
How do you fix numbered lists in Word?
Correct a Word document when lists won’t renumber correctly
- Right-click the numbered list.
- Click Set Numbering Value.
- Select the Start New List button.
- In the Set Value text box, type 1 and then click OK.
How do I fix numbering problems in Word?
How do I continue a numbered list in Word?
Continuing or Restarting Numbered lists
- Right click on top of the number 1 next to the word Brouhaha.
- Select Continue Numbering.
How do I make a numbered list continue?
Continuing Your Numbering
- Enter the first portion of your numbered list and format it.
- Enter the heading or paragraph that interrupts the list.
- Enter the rest of your numbered list and format it.
- Right-click on the first paragraph after the list interruption.
- Choose Bullets and Numbering from the Context menu.