How do I unfreeze my iPhone home screen?
Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the side button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.
How do you unfreeze an iPhone 6 screen?
If your screen is black or frozen
- Press and quickly release the volume up button.
- Press and quickly release the volume down button.
- Press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo.
- If your phone doesn’t turn on, follow these steps to check your hardware and charge your phone.
How do I fix my iPhone 6 screen not responding?
All you have to do is to press and hold both the Sleep/Power and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds until the Apple logo displays. This trick has been used to deal with several software-related issues occurring on various iOS devices including the newest iPhone 6s and 6s Plus.
Why is my iPhone freezing and not responding?
Sutton says that iPhones freeze due to four main reasons: Low available storage space. Infrequent iPhone reboots. Uninstalled updates.
Why is my iPhone not letting me open apps or turn off?
A force restart should resolve this: Force restart iPhone. Be sure you are following the steps for your model: “Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the side button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.”
What do you do when your phone wont swipe?
Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:
- Press and quickly release Volume UP button.
- Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button.
- Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds.
What does it mean when your iPhone screen freezes?
If the screen keeps freezing, another common cause is a lack of memory. While modern phones’ storage capacity can be vast, even a 64GB phone will bog down with excessive multimedia files. More importantly, the phone usually has a much more limited operating memory, which is far more likely to cause the phone to freeze.
How do you fix a frozen touch screen phone?
Restart your phone If your phone is frozen with the screen on, hold down the power button for about 30 seconds to restart.
What does it mean when your iPhone won’t let you touch the screen?
Make sure that your screen is clean and free of any debris or water. Disconnect any Lightning or USB-C accessories. If your screen works after removing an accessory, try using a different outlet, cable, or charger. Remove any cases or screen protectors.
How do I reset my iPhone when my slide is not working?
If a reset doesn’t fix the problem or if you can’t swipe this slider either, reset the iPhone. Press both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons and hold them until you see the Apple logo. Release the buttons and wait for the iPhone to reboot.
How do I hard restart my iPhone 6?
How to Hard Reset iPhone 6s or iPhone 6s Plus
- Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button (located on the side of your phone) and the Home button at the same time.
- After a few seconds, the Apple logo will appear.
- Your iPhone will restart and you’ll need to input a passcode, if you have one, to get back to the home screen.
What makes your phone freeze up?
There are several reasons why an iPhone, Android, or another smartphone might freeze. The culprit may be a slow processor, insufficient memory, or a lack of storage space. There may be a glitch or a problem with the software or a particular app.