How do I factory reset my mid 2007 IMAC?
On starting up your computer, hold down Command + R to enter Internet Recovery Mode or on Finder screen, select Utilities > Restore System From Backup. Follow the prompts to reformat your hard drive.
How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2007?
How to reset a MacBook Air or MacBook Pro
- Hold down the Command and R keys on the keyboard and turn on the Mac.
- Select your language and continue.
- Choose Disk Utility and click Continue.
- Choose your startup disk (named Macintosh HD by default) from the sidebar and click the Erase button.
How do I restore my old IMAC to factory settings?
Turn on your Mac and immediately press and hold these four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. Release the keys after about 20 seconds. This clears user settings from memory and restores certain security features that might have been altered.
How do I restore my old iMac to factory settings?
Turn on your Mac and immediately press and hold these four keys together: Option, Command, P and R. Release the keys after about 20 seconds. This will clear user settings from the memory and restore certain security features that may have been altered previously.
How do I completely format my Mac?
Hold down the Command and R keys as soon as you hear the Mac tone indicating a reboot. Wait for the macOS Utilities screen to appear, then click Disk Utility. Choose your Mac’s system drive, usually named Macintosh HD, then click Erase. Select the Format option Mac Extended (Journaled) or APFS.
How do you erase all content and settings on a Mac?
Follow these steps to erase all content and settings on your Mac:
- Launch System Preferences.
- Click System Preferences in the menu bar and select Erase All Content and Settings.
- Enter your admin password when prompted.
- Click Continue to confirm that all items will be erased.