How do I sort a MySQL query?
The MySQL ORDER BY Keyword The ORDER BY keyword is used to sort the result-set in ascending or descending order. The ORDER BY keyword sorts the records in ascending order by default. To sort the records in descending order, use the DESC keyword.
Table of Contents
Which method can be used for ordering the result using criteria query?
The asc method is used to order the results by ascending value of the passed expression parameter. The desc method is used to order the results by descending value of the passed expression parameter. The following query shows the use of the desc method: CriteriaQuery cq = cb.
What is the order of sorting in the given query?
The keyword DESC in SQL, is used to sort the query result set in a descending order. The ASC keyword is used to sort the query result set in an ascending order. Both DESC and ASC work in conjunction with the ORDER BY keyword.
Is ORDER BY a clause in MySQL?
Answer: ORDER BY is a clause that is typically used along with SELECT queries in MySQL and is used to return the result set sorted in the given order against the given column or field in the table.
How do I write an SQL query for ascending order?
The ORDER BY statement in SQL is used to sort the fetched data in either ascending or descending according to one or more columns.
- By default ORDER BY sorts the data in ascending order.
- We can use the keyword DESC to sort the data in descending order and the keyword ASC to sort in ascending order.
How do I arrange in alphabetical order in SQL?
Enter ORDER BY criteria; .
- For example, if you wanted to display results in alphabetical order based on a column called NAME, you’d use ORDER BY NAME; .
- If you’d rather show the results in the opposite order, you’d use ORDER BY NAME DESC; .
- If you want to sort based on two columns, separate them by commas.
How do I order a specific way in SQL?
In SQL ORDER BY clause, we need to define ascending or descending order in which result needs to be sorted.
- ASC: We can specify ASC to sort the result in ascending order.
- DESC: We can specify DESC to sort the result in descending order.
Can we use two ORDER BY in MySQL?
This sorts your MySQL table result in Ascending or Descending order according to the specified column. The default sorting order is Ascending which you can change using ASC or DESC . SELECT * FROM [table-name] ORDER BY [column-name1 ] [ASC|DESC] , [column-name2] [ASC|DESC],..
How do you order two things in SQL?
After the ORDER BY keyword, add the name of the column by which you’d like to sort records first (in our example, salary). Then, after a comma, add the second column (in our example, last_name ). You can modify the sorting order (ascending or descending) separately for each column.
How do you do ascending order in SQL?
SQL ORDER BY Keyword
- ORDER BY. The ORDER BY command is used to sort the result set in ascending or descending order.
- ASC. The ASC command is used to sort the data returned in ascending order.
- DESC. The DESC command is used to sort the data returned in descending order.
What is the order of precedence in SQL?
Here, operators with the highest precedence appear at the top of the table, those with the lowest appear at the bottom. Within an expression, higher precedence operators will be evaluated first. The precedence of operators goes as follows: =, <, >, <=, >=, <>, != , ~=, ^=, IS NULL, LIKE, BETWEEN, IN.
What executes first in SQL query?
- The SQL query execution order is the order of clauses to execute while sorting our data.
- We execute From/Join clause first to join our tables and can also create some temporary tables.
Can we use WHERE clause with ORDER BY?
You can use the WHERE clause with or without the ORDER BY statement. You can filter records by finite values, comparison values or with sub-SELECT statements.