How do you pass CAE speaking?
Top Tips for Preparing for the Cambridge Advanced (CAE) Speaking Exam
- Get familiar with what you have to do.
- Practise paraphrasing the question and extending your answers in class.
- Develop your communication skills.
- Practise dealing with silences and ‘breakdowns’
- Learn to be more emphatic.
What is CAE speaking test?
You have to speak for 1 minute without interruption and the interlocutor then asks the other candidate to comment on what you have said for about 30 seconds. The other candidate receives a different set of photographs and you have to listen and comment when they have finished speaking.
How do you do CAE speaking part 2?
In part two of the Cambridge English: Advanced Speaking test, you are given a piece of paper with 3 photos on. The photos are almost always about people. You have to talk about 2 of the pictures, on your own, for a minute. Then the examiner will ask the other candidate a question about your pictures.
How long is CAE speaking test?
CAE Speaking Test Duration: 15 minutes (23 minutes for groups of three at centres where there’s an odd number of candidates). Participants: Candidates interviewed in pairs or threes. Two examiners: one examiner asks the questions, the other acts as assessor and doesn’t speak during the interview.
What does CAE exam look like?
The test has four sections: Reading & Use of English – 90 minutes. Writing – 2 tasks , 90 minutes. Listening – 40 minutes, 30 questions.
How can I improve my CAE vocabulary?
How to Improve your English Vocabulary for the CAE Exam
- Reading is better.
- The more you see vocabulary, the more you will understand what it means.
- Read articles and essays, not novels and books.
- Finding material to use and read.
- A book for vocabulary.
- Make a list of the topics and vocabulary you need to learn.
What is a good CAE score?
Valid scores on the CAE Exam range from 160 to 210. A score of 180 or above is considered a “pass” and students with that score will receive the Cambridge C1 Advanced certificate, which corresponds to a level C1 in English on the CEFR.
What should I read to prepare for CAE?
Although Cambridge has a vocabulary book for the CAE exam, I don’t particularly like it. One book I would recommend that you use is a non-CAE book from Cambridge called ‘English Vocabulary in Use Upper-intermediate’. It contains a lot of vocabulary which you will find and can use in the exam.
How do you do CAE reading part 8?
Tips for the CAE Multiple Matching (Part 8)
- Read the questions quickly first then the text(s) to get an idea of the focus of each one.
- Look through the questions again and try to match the easier ones first.
- Make sure any match you choose answers the question fully.
Is Cambridge CAE difficult?
The Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) exam is a very difficult to pass.