How do you play scrub the deck?
Scrub the decks: crew members get on their hands and knees and pretend to scrub the deck. Man overboard: crew members find a partner, hold hands and pretend to row a boat. Climb the rigging: crew members pretend to climb a rope ladder. Captain’s coming: crew members salute and say “aye aye captain”.
How do you play Captain call?
Directions. Assign one person to be the “Captain.” The role of the Captain is call out the actions and dismiss the players who don’t do the actions quick enough or who break from character. Once the captain calls an action, each player has to quickly start performing the action (e.g. within 3-4 seconds).
Do as I say activities?
How to Play
- Players form a circle standing 6 feet away from one another.
- The leader will select one person to start the game.
- The person on his or her left will then act out the action that was spoken aloud but say a different action.
- Players must make it around the circle without making a mistake.
What are some other games like Simon Says?
10 Easy Games Like Simon Says
- Do This, Do That. Do This, Do That is a very similar game to Simon Says.
- In the River, On the Bank. In the River, On the Bank is a fun and simple game to play.
- Follow the Leader.
- Follow the Sequence.
- The Telephone Game.
- Clapping Patterns.
- Categories Game.
- Wink Murder Game.
How do you play ship to shore?
This game needs a bit of space, so a garden or park or indoor hall is suitable. Choose three different areas in that space and call them either “ship”, “shore” or “deck”. If the Captain calls out “Ship” then all the children must run to Area 1. When the Captain shouts “Shore” they all run to Area 2.
How do you play captain is coming?
You will need
- Bow: run to the front of the playing space.
- Stern: run to the back of the playing space.
- Port: run to the left side of the playing space.
- Starboard: run to the right side of the playing space.
- Get in the boats: sit down on the ground.
- Captain’s coming: stand to attention and salute.
How do you play jump jump?
Form a circle, holding hands, facing in to the centre. Announce that you want the group to – “SAY WHAT I SAY, AND DO WHAT I SAY.” Practice this skill with one of four commands – “JUMP IN,” “JUMP OUT,” “JUMP LEFT” or “JUMP RIGHT.” Call out a series of ‘Jump’ commands, one after another for 20 seconds.
Do what I say not what I do?
This admonitory order is sometimes followed by a self-deprecating phrase, Do as I say, not as I do, meaning “don’t imitate my behavior but obey my instructions.” This order first appeared in John Selden’s Table-Talk (c. 1654): “Preachers say, ‘Do as I say, not as I do. ‘”
What is a fun game to play outside?
30 Classic Outdoor Games for Kids
- Hide and Seek. Everyone has played this one.
- Kick the Can. This game is a variation of tag and hide & seek.
- Capture the Flag. This game is most fun when played with a large group.
- Traffic Cop.
- Four Square.
- Jump-Rope and Double Dutch.
How do you play swab on the deck?
SWAB THE DECK: the crew must mop the deck. THREE IN A BOAT: find three people, sit in a line 6 feet apart, and row the boat while singing, “row, row, row your boat.” SPEED BOAT: the captain will become a speed boat and try to get to the line before you do.
How do you play shipwreck?
Define a “port” line and a “stern” line on opposite ends of the field/gym. If the leader yells “stern” the group runs to the “stern” line, when “port” is yelled, group runs to “port” line. When an action is yelled, the group acts them out. After each action, the last person or persons to perform it are out.